Saturday, June 15, 2013

Dance Like Nobody is Watching!


Keira LOVES music. She loves everything about it. I picked up on her love of music while we were still in China. It catches her attention. It soothes her. It makes her laugh. She loves to play music, she loves to sing, and she LOVES to "dance". It doesn't matter where we are or what kind of music it is. If she hears music, she starts a'groovin! Last week I took her to the first 45 minutes of my school's annual musical showcase where the different bands and clubs, as well as individual students (or groups of students) showcased their musical talent. Some of these kids (11 to 14) have only been playing their instruments since the beginning of the school year, if that. Keira had a blast! She was on the move for 45 minutes straight. 

Although I don't want to rush time, I can't wait until she's old enough for dance class! I think she is going to love it! Please excuse the blurry pictures - she was constantly on the move and I only had my iPhone with me so snapping a pic of her in motion was tough. As you can see, she had a blast! She was a most appreciative audience. After each musical number, she clapped her little heart out. What a gem!









1 comment:

Michelle said...

So sweet! Reminds me of Miss I when I worked at Moodie.