Monday, January 9, 2012

January 8, 2012 - My Life Changed Forever!

4:30, we were told, is when we were to meet the babies on the second floor in the meeting room. Go to your room, unpack, rest, prepare.....do whatever it is you need to do, but be sure to come to the second floor at 4:30, because your babies will be there. There were at least seven of the ten families expecting babies at that time. You can imagine the excitement, the nervousness, the every emotion possible that was a buzz as families left the bus to go and "get ready" whatever or however one can "get ready" for such an incredible life changing event. One family walked into the lobby and was told their daughter was already there.....yikes!
 
4:30 technically never came because the phone rang in the room at approximately 3:40. I think I jumped a mile. The babies had arrived early. Come down to the lobby I was told, and meet your baby. The 18th floor of a hotel feels as though it's an eternity away from the hotel lobby when you're on your way to meet your baby girl for the first time! Down the elevator, to the lobby, around the corner.....babies......crying babies, stunned babies, some happy babies. What's your daughter's name? And then she was in my arms. It is official. I am a mom to an incredible baby girl who was born in Jiangxi, China. I can't wait for all of you to meet her. Enjoy the photos!
 
I can only send a few at a time using this method of blogging so they'll come in sets. Just wait until you meet this little being in person!